Cinnamon to taste (optional)
Cooking Instructions (stove top):
• Peel apples with a knife or vegetable peeler
• Cut into slices and chunks removing stems and seeds
• Put in sauce pan and cover the bottom of the pot with water
• Cover pot and turn onto lowest heat
• Stir repeatedly every 5 minutes or so to prevent burning and sticking
• If water cooks off add to pot to keep bottom covered
• When apples are soft and mushy stir remove from heat and allow to cool – HOT APPLES ARE VERY HOT AND WILL BURN THE SKIN!!
• When cool mash with a fork, a potato masher or blender
• TA DA! Applesauce!